Simply put, the dodil is as easy as heat-shape-cool-enjoy, and then repeat whenever wanted. Still, there are some things to consider, to make the best out of your experience with the dodil, and to make it last as a wonderful and fun companion in your explorations of anatomy and fantasy. In this section we have gathered as much information as possible (also included in the package). If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The dodil comes in a preset oblong shape where the (d)-icon is at the back of the dodil. If you have the complete kit, the dodil comes packaged in a steel container thermos (which also makes for its heating vessel), together with a cord for aiding when shaping. Below are the product specifications.
Weight: 250 grams / 8.8 oz.
Length: 19 cm / 7.5 in.
Moldable length: 14 cm / 5.5 in.
Diameter: 4 cm / 1.6 in.
Color: Teal (Robin Egg Blue)
Materials (see image above):
1. Layer of body-safe silicone
2. Inner core of non-toxic and biodegradable thermoplastic
3. Stabilizing handle of (non-toxic and bodysafe) ABS-plastic
THERMOS (COMPLETE KIT)
Weight: 500 grams / 17.2 oz.
Diameter: 9 cm / 3.54 in.
Full Height: 20 cm / 7.87 in.
Color: Teal (Robin Egg Blue)
Material: ABS-plastic (inside of lid) and stainless steel (body, inside and outside).
Color: Orange (Fiery Orange) (changed from black at 2017-10-16)
Length: 75 cm / 29.5 in
Diameter: 2 mm
Material: Silicone (non-toxic & body-safe).
STEP 1 - HEATING
1. If you have the dodil-thermos (or similar vessel), place the dodil inside with the icon pointing upwards and fill up, close to the rim, with boiling hot water.
2. Place the thermos on a straight and moist-secure surface, put the lid back and wait for ~30 minutes.
3. Pour away about half of the hot water and let the dodil rest for 20-30 seconds before picking it up. If the dodil is still too hot you can pour some cold water on it.
4. If you don’t have the dodil-thermos or similar vessel you can use a pot. First heat the water to boiling.
5. Turn down the heat to low effect, place the dodil inside the pot and 6. let it simmer gently with the lid on.
NOTE: The dodil needs to adapt slowly to the heat. Never hard boil the dodil using more effect, it will not go faster and you might end up damaging the dodil.
STEP 2 - SHAPING & COOLING
7. After heating, the dodil will stay moldable for ~20 minutes in room temperature, once you have decided on a shape, 8. cool it in cold water for a smooth texture and faster procedure.
9. If you are experiencing crevices or cracks, you can simply reheat the dodil for 30-60 seconds to get the surface smooth again. Or in the case where you want to make a completely new shape, you can just repeat the whole process.
The dodil is manufactured very much like a thicker condom of silicone, covering the moldable and heat-sensitive thermoplastic. Even with the silicone being extremely durable and stretchy, we recommend that you follow these instructions for the durability and care of the dodil. Remember - it is an adult toy.
1. Do not poke or scratch the dodil with your nails
2. Do not apply any hard or sharp objects
3. Do not stretch or pinch the dodil and leave it to cool down, since that will create jutting and possibly sharp edges on the inside
4. Be careful when putting the dodil into a vessel (thermos or alike) - hitting the dodil against the rim, or other sharp edges might damage the silicone
5. Do not pull on the dodil, rather squeeze and stroke, to make the inside material move
6. Do not push all, or the majority of, the inside material to the top or the bottom of the dodil and leave it to cool in that shape
7. Do not bend the dodil into two halves (like a sandwhich) and leave it to cool in that shape
8. Do not use or leave the dodil to cool with an uneven and cracked design (minor surface wrinkles are fine) – reheat the dodil for about 1-2 minutes to get a smooth surface instead
Everyone has different preferences when it comes to what kind of shape they want in a dildo. Or maybe you simply do not know what to make at all? Below we have gathered simple step-by-step instructions on some common shapes to start with. Once you get the hang of it you can let your fantasy run wild.
The G-spot shape is a very popular shape found in a variety of sizes to the shaft and the head. To make your dodil into a G-spot shape, simply start by (A) squeezing and pressing the core material towards the top until you get the wanted size of shaft and (also) size of head. (B) By holding the dodil under cold water you first make the shaft you want rigid. (C) By keeping the head away from the cold water it will stay soft and malleable, and ready to be shaped into any wanted angle or shape.
By just using your hands and your fingers grasping the dodil, you can make it into a bulged dodil. (A) By squeezing the dodil, you can distribute the inside material to make different sized inclines and bulges. You can also bend the dodil whilst holding it, to make an angle, bend or slight twist. (B) Hold the dodil under cold water until it is rigid.
If texture is your thing or something you are keen on trying, then the rippled dodil is an excellent way of getting bumps and ridges in a multitude of varieties. (A) Simply tie the included string (not too hard - see our do not's under 'Recommendations') and (B) put it under cold water until it has become rigid.
The cord is your friend.
With the cord, you can shape your dodil by binding it part by part, or go for some full bondage and use the entire length. Why not try making a unicorn horn?!
Soft and warm.
If the dodil feels too rigid (or have unwanted crevices and structure), you can always heat your shape for a few minutes. This will make the outer layer of the dodil go soft and will stay so for some time.
Lube and cleaning.
We recommend using water-based or hybrid lubes (without oil) when enjoying your new shape. A toy sanitizer or just soap and water works perfect for cleaning - but remember, every time you heat up your dodil (if even just for a few minutes to make it softer), you automatically sterilize it.